Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Saturday, January 29, 2011

8.75 miles Baby!

Wow!  I loved, loved, loved today's run.  My goal was 8, but just felt like I could go and go!  Tina and I had planned an inside run, but the weather was pretty nice temperature wise, so we decided to go for it outside.  I knew I would need at least an hour and a half in order to make 8 miles, so we decided I would do a 45 minute loop and do the first half by myself and then pick Tina up on the 2nd half so she could get her run in and keep me going for my miles. 

About an hour after we decided to NOT run inside, it started to snow.  The flakes were coming down pretty steadily and I was slightly starting to regret the decision to run outside, but unfortunately time was too short to get a long run inside at this point.  I left an hour earlier than we had planned for our outside run to beat some snow accumulation and hopefully make the run not too difficult.  The temp was GREAT, but the slight wind and snow made running to the west a little bit irritating and I had to kinda keep my head down. 

I was so happy to finally meet Tina and basically take the same route around the lake again.  It was so nice, but honestly I was worried at sometimes that I would have to slow her down so I would be able to keep up the pace for 8 miles. 

We decided to stay on mostly trail and avoid as much west running as possible.  We ran past our houses and kept it up for another half mile, before we finally said that we had had enough and stopped!  We were both on a super runner's high with icy eyebrows and eyelashes.  It was the best EVER!  :-)  I love it when you feel like you can run ON and ON! --Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment