Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Feeling like a Rockstar!

Today I ran 9 miles . . .but I feel that there should be a disclaimer (I did take a bathroom and drink break for a couple of minutes at mile 5).  Feeling like this half is SO doable!  :-)  I tried to keep my pace around a 10-1030 min/mile and feel like that is a super comfy pace for my long distances. 

I wouldn't be able to run that far without the support of my friends.  Today, Ashley, a friend from work joined me for the first 5!  She is a long time runner and has taken a little break because of an exercise class she is taking.  And Tina joined me for the last 4!  Running with the girls really helps to keep me focused on my pace and keepin on keepin on!  

I am starting to get less worried and more confident in how the half will go!  4 more weeks of increasing my distance and than in March the taper starts and distance gradually decreases.  I CAN SO DO THIS!  :-) 

Trying to keep my weekly running distance to about 25 miles with 1 long run per week!  Right now I try and take 2 days of rest per week with the other days running distances of 3, 4, or 5 miles.  This next week I will try and do one other day with 6 miles!  Things are going well so far!  :-) --Steph 

No comments:

Post a Comment