Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Sunday, February 13, 2011

10 down 3.1 to go!

Ran 10 miles yesterday with one stop at 60 min for less than 2 minutes for a drink of water!  It was really difficult and for sure wouldn't have been able to continue without Tina joining me for the last 4 miles.  Got home and was having a little bit of a muscle ache in my hip, but took some ibuprofen and all is well this morning.  There were a couple times I wanted to stop (not walk-STOP), but I trucked through it with a pretty good pace of 10:25 per mile.  I did realize that I HATE out and back routes.  We went around the lake 3 times and was supposed to go a fourth, but I realized that I didn't need to go that way to get my mileage in so I turned and took a different path.  At the end of the run, at exactly 10 miles, I stopped and walked the last couple of blocks home.  I must have been tired, because normally I would just finish the whole way home and then stop the GPS.  Next week is 11 miles and I am hoping that it is a bit easier. 

Hubby goes to Wyoming this week and the weather should be GREAT for runs outside!  I am hoping that it works out to complete mostly outside runs this week so I don't have to run on the TM! 

VERY optimistic about the half on March 19!  whoot hoot! --steph

No comments:

Post a Comment