Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ugh to the WEATHER!

Lots going on the past week and unfortunately haven't been able to run as much as I have wanted, but I have enjoyed the wonderful/needed time spent with family.  A couple miles here and there has been okay, and a couple later night TM runs have kept me sane though! 

A couple of things are really bumming me out lately.  First, Lisa has joined a WONDERFUL program for the next 10 weeks, and unfortunately that is impacting her running with Tina and I :-(.  I am SO happy for her and know she is going to do great, but I do miss running with her.  Secondly, Tina has started up her Semester classes of college and has class most days until 8 or 9pm :-(.  I didn't think I would be so bummed NOT being able to count on them as partners, but I really am.  Even if we aren't running together around the Young Arena track, it is just really nice being there with them!  They are two excellent motivators and I really looked forward to time at Young running with them.  But I know these are just temporary and once the weather warms up, it won't be so bad running later again.  :-) 

Also, this WEEK, the weather is COLD, and as much as I like to run outside, I don't really feel like running with negative wind chills!  Last night, I had a fantastic slow run on "my new friend" the Treadmill!  (I should give it a name!  hmmmm...) Was only going to run about 30 min, but was feeling the groove and ran for about an hour!  Whoot Whoot!  I was SUPER happy with that!  Maybe a quick run with Tina tonight at Young if she gets done from class early enough! 

Hoping to do another long run on the indoor track on Saturday, if it works out!  --crossing my fingers

--Happy Running---Steph 

No comments:

Post a Comment