Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Shoveling Sidewalks

I made a call this morning to the City of Evansdale about the frustration with the lack of sidewalks that are shoveled.  Our trail system is strictly volunteer (they do a very good job), but our "within a reasonable amount" of time ordinace for sidewalk shoveling isn't heavily enforced.  Also the "extra wide" sidewalk that connects the trail to town isn't really the responsiblity of anyone to plow.  Hmmm!  She was going to check more into that to find out for sure!  I really DO want to be able to run outside, but NOT if it's going to have to be on the streets for the most part. 

Tina and I did have a pretty good run 2.94 miles (half trail and half street).  And I must say, you do get a pretty good work out running on snow!  The weather was perfect and sunny.  I was able to try out my new c9 semi-compression cold gear shirt with my jacket and was perfectly warm.  BUT my poor fingers were cold in the new gloves (exchanged UA extreme cold gear for 180's) and ended up returning the 180's for a pair of down mittens that I am hoping keep my little fingers warm.  --Steph 

No comments:

Post a Comment