Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Not what I expected!

Well the temps were warm enough (17 degrees with little wind) that I thought, hey, let's try a little run outside!  I wanted to try out my new running jacket! 

First, let me say, PEOPLE do NOT shovel their sidewalks very well.  AND Running in the snow is like trying to run on hard sand.  AND not everyone shovels their sidewalks at all.  So much of my route had to be run on the road with traffic.  I am very thankful that I chose to try and run in the daylight instead of running at night as I usually do.  

All in all, I do feel like it was a good run!  3 miles in tonight with a time of 28 min and 55 seconds--which I say is not too bad while running in the snow and dodging traffic!  :-)  Lastly--the jacket did keep me warm and I could have worn two layers instead of 3.  I was kinda warm by about the end of mile 1. --Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment