Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Five Sullivan Brothers 5k/10k, Waterloo, Iowa

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Two weeks away!

Todays run of just over 11 miles went super great!  Tried to keep my pace relaxed and just wanted to make it through the run.  A little bit of a twinge in my hip, but I adjusted my stride slightly to try and manage it.  It never did get very bad so I was super glad about that.   Got approval from the doctor for another 4 physical therapy appointments, just to get me through the half!  Things are going well at the moment and I want to stay on top of the healing!  :-) 

Ran the first part of the run with Lisa and the second half with Tina!  I definitely wouldn't have made it without being able to run with the girls, it's amazing how much I rely on them to keep me going.  I am so impressed with how well they do!  :-)   

A couple of times during the run, I had to focus on things other than running and tried counting really slow to refocus my energy.  It helped, though I never really did make it past counting to 15 :-).  

I am super excited right now for the half, even though having not run 13.1 has me slightly worried.  I am hoping that the excitement of "Race Day" will get me through the extra 1.75 that I will need. 

Tina today did her full 6.2 miles today!  She did sign up for the 10K and I have the utmost confidence that she will do GREAT!   --Steph 

No comments:

Post a Comment